Fancy Plants Cafe
613 W. Briar Place Chicago, Ill 60657
8 am - 4 pm
A generous Greek Vegan Feast for 2!
We'll give you:
1) Tzatziki- Our tzatziki starts with our housemade yogurt, to which we add shredded cucumber, olive oil, lemon, sea salt, and dill.
2) Skordalia: Skordalia is traditionally a rich potato, garlic, caper, lemon, and olive oil spread (with extra emphasis on the garlic), and our version uses cauliflower as well to make it extra creamy.
3) Eggplant: We make a Greek-style roasted eggplant spread with plenty of parsley, olive oil, garlic, and a little scallion and red wine vinegar for pop.
4) Tomato-Cucumber-Feta Salad: Fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, and finely diced red onions, tossed with our housemade almond feta, olive oil, red wine vinegar, and a generous amount of parsley
5) Freshly Baked Pita!
For your entree, you'll get:
6) Spanakopita: Also known as 'Skopelitiki' from the island of Skopelos, this is a Greek 'rolled pie' filled with wilted fresh spinach, melted leeks, and housemade almond feta, with plenty of olive oil and herbs.
And for Dessert:
7) Chocolate Raspberry Tart! Made by our friends at Mindful Baking
Have yourself a pleasant dinner!
-Kevin, Valerie, and Dave